Friday 31 July 2015

JAI 273 colour challenge - Beautiful Bunch & washi

It's time for a new challenge at Just Add Ink & this week Rochelle has set us a colour challenge. Check out this bold combination.
 
I like each of these colours on their own but I don't think I've ever used them together until now. Here's what I made:
Using bermuda bay & blackberry was an easy choice but incorporating smoky slate & crumb cake together on the card was definitely a challenge (so good job, Rochelle!). I decided to use silver/slate washi on the banner & crumb cake to stamp of the large Beautiful Bunch flowers. I think it works for the challenge but my preference would be to use blackberry for both flowers, given free choice.

This is a very clean & simple card but apparently not a limited supply one after listing what I used.
Stamps - Beautiful Bunch for large flowers, Something to Say for small flowers & a sentiment from Tin of Cards). Thankfully all punched out, although I did fussy cut the large flower's spiky centre for extra dimension.
Banner - the banner turned out to be my favourite part of the card. I used washi tape from a few different packs to make it & they still all coordinated - woo hoo! I love the soft sheen & smooth, touchable feel.  I cut the banner with the triple banner punch even though it was wider than 2 inches. I just pushed it in over the guides, lined it up & trimmed the little ends that didn't punch. The banner has dimensionals near the bottom of the banner so it popped off the front too.
Here's one more pic showing the inside (matchy matchy is a must) & a bonus side view of the front so you can see how the elements pop.
In case you were wondering, yes the card is not a regular size as it just grew around the elements & proportions I wanted. The finished card front (made of our super sturdy thick whisper white cardstock) is about 4-1/2 x 7-1/2 inches or 11.5 x 19cm so I made a very easy coordinating envelope using the envelope punch board but forgot to photograph it.

You'll love seeing how the team used the colours so differently so pop over to the JAI blog to check them out & try the challenge yourself. Thanks for visiting & hope to see you again soon.
Inky wishes
Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different.



4 comments:

KimB said...

Di that wonderful long banner scattered with flowers is absolutely delightful and very eye catching! Love your idea of using washi tape for the patterns. xxx

Unknown said...

i love your banner and i love that you carried your design on the inside. very pretty.

Jan said...

This is a stunning use of the colours Di! I love your beautiful banner with its mix of Washi Tapes - so elegant and striking under your lovely bold flowers! xo

Nikki Spencer said...

Di this is gorgeous! I love the tall card and fresh use of the colours, you've used them beautifully..:0) xxx