Sunday 9 July 2017

Eastern Palace in review 5 - one brilliant stamp

Today's the last day of my Eastern Palace share for now and I'm finishing with two cards that are all about my favourite stamp from the Eastern Beauty set - this medallion flower image.


The idea sheets I shared in yesterday's post show some of the ways this image can be used and today I have two cards that show these and more.



I stamped a tessellated pattern for the background, by repeatedly stamping the image in dapper denim, then added some extra detail in calypso coral & pool party using one of the coordinating images. The stamps are photolymer so it's very easy to line up the images. I was inspired to try this fabulous technique after seeing this card by the lovely Ellen Woodbridge.

I kept the other elements simple. I stamped the circle image & sentiment in the centre, then roughly markered over the top in pool party, and mounted it onto the large flower medallion.


I used the same process to create the background on my second card, adding an extra layer of images by stamping between the first image. The top picture in the idea sheet below shows how a single image looks stamped twice. Then I sponge brayered over the top to add some more colour.


Sentiment tip - I straightened out the curved 'a note for you' stamp to use on the card - another handy benefit of photopolymer stamps.

The focal image is the same image stamped four times in dapper denim ink, then coloured with pool party & calypso coral Stampin' Write markers. I think it looks a bit like a Spirograph image. (who else loved Spirograph as a kid?).


Finishing Touches - I first cut the large medallion die in dapper denim then cut it out with a circle die.

Repeat Stamping Tips

This sheet shows how I created the two different looks with the stamp.

Stamp two images - Stamp, then rotate the stamp & stamp again between the first image.

Stamp four images -  Stamp twice as above, then stamp two more times between each image.
The second image below shows 2 colours, to help you see where the images go.
The third image shows 4 images stamped, as I did in card 2


I can't tell you how happy doing this makes me. I love the look it gives & hope that SU brings us more of these clever images. Do you love it too?

I really hope you've enjoyed seeing my Eastern Palace review. If you've missed any posts, see all my Eastern Palace projects and posts here.
Shop all the supplies I've used by following the links below.

Thanks for visiting today. Next time I'll be sharing some more of my other favourite new goodies, so do pop back soon. Remember to pin my ideas for later inspiration.

Inky wishes, Di

Supplies

Big Shot
$159.00

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't played with this set as much as I should of. Now I will have to go practice some backgrounds! Your cards are very neat! :)