Wednesday 21 March 2018

Blossoming Basket - same but different



Do you like mixing up a card design after you've made a card? I often like to use the same elements to create a different look. Let me show you what I mean.
Remember this card I shared, using the Sale-a-bration Blossoming Basket stamp set.


Well, after I made it with my SU team, I felt like playing around with the same pieces to create a couple of different looks - each with different levels of fussy cutting too. Some people love to fussy cut & some really loathe it so it's good to be able to have different options.

No Fuss
So I started my mix-up with a no fussy cutting version using the same card pieces. I embossed the pool party card with the Sale-a-bration Basket Weave dynamic embossing folder that's teamed with Blossoming Basket.


Partially cutting the pretty Blossoming Basket image with the largest square die in the Stitched Shapes die set gives you a fast & gorgeous look with no fussy cutting. Yay! Again, this idea was inspired by these cards made by the fabulous Emma Godddard.


I changed up the blossoms colours using calypso coral Stampin' Blends markers, plus the original old olive & crumb cake Blends. I backed the image with a square of pear pizzazz card & sweet doily. It looks so pretty sitting over the card edge. I couldn't resist adding a fussy cut butterfly too.

Fussy Lavender
This card fits the bill for those who love fussy cutting or lavender.

Handmade card using Stampin Up Sale-a-bration Blossoming Basket - Basket Weave folder bundle. Card by Di Barnes colourmehappy 2018 Sale-a-bration

Doesn't that basket of lavender look so beautiful? The brilliant idea to use the Sale-a-bration Lots of Lavender stamp set with Blossoming Basket also came from Emma Godddard's cards.
I changed up the ribbon colours for this version, substituting lemon lime twist ombre ribbon & fresh fig ribbon. I love how fresh it looks.


To make the lavender basket:
- Stamp the whole Blossoming Basket image - no need to mask off the flowers.
- Colour in the basket, then make a long horizontal slit just under the blossoms.
- Stamp three lavender images & colour with rich razzleberry Stampin' Blends markers and fussy cut them out.
- Slip the lavender into the slit, position them as you like and secure with adhesive - dimensionals.
  You may want to cut off some of the leaf sprigs so each lavender looks a little different.
You can watch Emma's fb live video if you'd like to see this process visually. Thanks so much Emma for sharing this fabulous idea.


So, which one's your favourite?


Leave me a comment to let me know which one you'd like to make more & pin them for later inspiration too. You can see all my other Blossoming Basket projects here.

Thanks for visiting today. I hope you come back again soon for more ideas.

Inky wishes, Di

Remember - the Blossoming Basket bundle & Lots of Lavender stamps are only available until 31 March when Sale-a-bration ends. See them and all the other supplies I used in the list below.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625&categoryid=300010

Project Supplies

To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs as your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.
 

Note: Blossoming Basket stamps - Basket Weave embossing folder bundle & Lots of Lavender stamp set are only available free with purchases during Sale-a-bration (until 31 March while stocks last). Basket Weave folder in the bundle will be available again separately when new annual catalogue releases in June 2018
 
Big Shot
$159.00

1 comment:

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

Lovely creation , each one is stunning !
cheers